Scalable Database for Deep Learning¶
Our main open-source programming languages and libraries are Python, C++, Apache Cassandra and Bash.
This is a critical part of production deployment of deep learning algorithms.
Reasons for Using Apache Cassandra¶
- It is is an open-source NoSQL database management system (DBMS) that is designed to handle large amounts of data across many servers, providing high availability with no single point of failure.
- Meaning if one server fails, everything goes as per normal as data is shared amongst nodes (servers).
- Compared to other master/slave models like MongoDB, Cassandra has a master-less model.
- It has extremely fast read/write speeds.
- You read/write millions of rows of data easily.
Work in progress
This open-source portion is still a work in progress. Stay tuned while we gradually upload our tutorials and notes. Feel free to contact Ritchie Ng if you would like to contribute via our Facebook page.